- Be Prepared: Notify utilities what date to discontinue services and supply them with
your new address.
- Have Supplies: Make sure you have enough supplies for your pack, including tape,
packing paper and various sized cartons. Ensure that you know what items should be packed in which cartons.
If you need supplies, Bekins can supply you with what you require and deliver it right to you.
- Pack Ahead: If you can start packing as soon as possible, you will save yourself a
huge headache come moving time. Start by packing items you know you will not need to utilize until after
the move. Running out of time? Contact Bekins and we can send packers to take care of breakables or the
entire pack for you.
- Stay Organized: Create a record of what is being packed in what carton and where each
carton and piece of furniture belongs in your new home and always label cartons. This way when the movers
unload, we can ensure that you are prepared to unpack and start living in your new home.
- Keep Items Aside: Be sure to keep some items handy. Cleaning supplies should be readily
available so you can clean prior to vacating your home. Items such as valuables and important papers should
be kept aside and brought to your new home with you.
- Relax: We know that moving is a stressful time, but be assured that when you book your
move with Bekins, you can take a deep breath and know that all will go smoothly from start to finish.